The perfect fall book club snack, these muffins are tasty, with the right amount of sweetness. Pair them with a cup of coffee or tea, or a glass of Cabernet. They can easily be made up to two days ahead and stored uncovered at room temperature.
- 1/4 C unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 C pumpkin puree
- 1/3 C full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 C all purpose flour
- 1 C oat flour
- 2 to 2 1/2 C apples peeled and chopped
- Plus additional sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two regular muffin pans with 17 liners total.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter with sugars. Add in wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Mix in spices, salt, baking powder and baking soda. With mixer running on low, slowly add in the flours. When batter is streak free, mix in apple chunks by hand.
- Using a large cookie scoop, add 1 heaping scoop to each liner. Fill to the top of the cupcake liner. Sprinkle generously with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
- Cool in pan for 1 minute. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store uncovered.
- To make oat flour, put the required amount of oats in a blender or food processor and pulse until fine.
- Recipe modified from Baked By Rachel